Onco(cancer) surgery & Oncology
The department of surgical oncology offers both outpatient and inpatient services for screening, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of cancer patients.
- KRIMS HOSPITALS has facilities to improve cancer treatment with major surgical oncology services and supra major operative procedures.
- The department offers major operation theater services including minimally invasive surgery for various kinds of cancers.
- The major surgical procedures for cancer of the esophagus, hepatobiliary, and colorectal sit-in are done.
- We provide a full-service oncology department that offers treatment for all forms of cancers ranging from brain tumors, breast cancer treatment and colorectal cancers.
- The department provides comprehensive cancer care in the form of cancer screening services for all types of cancer, counselling, active cancer control in the form of advanced cancer surgery , chemotherapy and new therapy.
- The Oncology Department works closely with all other hospital departments to provide comprehensive and personalized care
- Screening services Mammography and PAP
- Breast clinic held every Tuesday afternoon and run by whole women’s specialist team
- Well equipped laboratory with advanced installation of cytogenetic and tumor markers
- Quite positive and empathic medical social workers working closely with the Onco team to provide monetary support to eligible patients for both chemotherapy and surgery
The various other services provided by this department are-
- General Thoracic Surgery
- Head and Neck Cancers (commando procedure, laryngectomy, and craniofacial surgery)
- Gastro-Intestinal Cancers
- Musculoskeletal Cancers
- Gynecology Breast Cancer Treatment