Giving birth is perhaps the most ironic experience in a woman”s lifetime.
It is extremely painful and yet soon enough, the same pain turns into unparalleled joy.
- The Critical Obstetrics Department provides people and their families with maternal care, obstetric care and maternity care.
- Patients admitted to the clinic are healthy women and women with medical and obstetric issues, and women with psycho-social problems.
- For the entire pregnancy the department conducts prenatal examinations of pregnant women as well as any care and admission.
- Both birth forms are performed except in the case of home births. Standard multipara gives birth predominantly in ambulances.
- Maternity is either treated in hospital, maternity hotel or at home.
- The journey is difficult and has a beautiful ending. But sometimes, certain complications occur that can cause irreparable damage and bring upon a lifetime of grief.
- It is to avoid and handle such criticalities that you need expert hands. And that expert is a KRIMS hospital.
- We excel in rescuing critical situations, during post & pre-pregnancy.
- It is perhaps the only hospital in India that has a resident back up team of Obstetrics & Gynaecologists with critical care infrastructure.
- The critical care aspects of obstetrics & pregnancy are varied and demand that critical care practitioners have a thorough knowledge of fetal and maternal changes in physiology as the pregnancy progresses.
- Care of the critically ill pregnant patient requires a truly multidisciplinary approach for optimal outcomes.
- The department is responsible for the prevention, health-promoting, recovery, and integrated activities of pregnant women who give birth and are to live in the system.
- The department aims at keeping births and postnatal confines as natural as possible, even in relation to areas where specialist expertise is needed.
KRIMS prides itself on possessing the requisite know-how in dealing with such demanding situations.